Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A study undertaken by an organization to identify its internal strengths and weaknesses, as well as its external opportunities and threats.
- ‘The work will include a review of the strengths and weaknesses of existing service delivery, known as a SWOT analysis.’
- ‘Traditional management tools - like benchmarking and SWOT analyses will no longer suffice.’
- ‘This paper uses the familiar SWOT analysis framework to explore the partnership options that exist in the development and implementation of the project.’
- ‘To do this, planners have begun work with a SWOT analysis which views an organization's Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, and Threats.’
- ‘The data collected from SWOT analysis are used to develop the company's business objectives.’
- ‘The SWOT analysis it produced (examining strengths and weaknesses, opportunities and threats) provides much valuable detail.’
- ‘Forte must decide what the goal of the business is and review the current business through a SWOT analysis, which involves looking at strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats in depth.’
- ‘A SWOT analysis can be applied to a position, an idea, an individual, or an organization.’
- ‘It seems too basic for me to suggest they do a SWOT analysis, I don't even really believe in them for the most part.’
- ‘Our information should help them if they want to do a SWOT analysis of their businesses in a global context.’
- ‘External facilitators, SWOT analysis, and flipcharts with coloured dots purport to reveal the mysteries of the universe’
- ‘As people plan for their future, it's useful to conduct a SWOT analysis - Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, and Threats.’
- ‘A good SWOT analysis enables a company to improve the effectiveness of product development and marketing strategies.’
- ‘A SWOT analysis is also useful at this stage to identify the organization's strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats.’
- ‘Into this category fall such techniques as scenario planning, SWOT analysis, PEST analysis, opinion surveys, various competitor analyses, and benchmarking approaches.’
- ‘Do a SWOT analysis and realise your core competencies and weaknesses.’
Acronym from strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, threats.
SWOT analysis/ˈswäd əˌnaləsəs/
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.