One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A salad of mixed diced vegetables with mayonnaise.
- ‘We feasted on soft cheeses, Russian salad (minus the salami for my benefit), bean soup, potato and cabbage dishes, chocolate cake and Bulgarian biscuits.’
- ‘Ensalada rusa, Russian salad, is also a must at a holiday meal.’
- ‘We decided to order the Tartar Kofte at 2.32 leva with white beans, lutenitsa (which is a sauce of peppers and tomatoes), a Russian salad and rice.’
- ‘According to the material before the court Newton's review was merciless - attacking the cakes and desserts, the Russian salad, the state of the cutlery, the use of granulated chicken flavour booster and jumbo bottles of tomato sauce.’
- ‘To start we opt for the traditional mayonnaise-lagged Russian salad, but for those preferring something less saturated in the white stuff there is a wide choice of salads and hors d' oeuvres including caviar at the classier end.’
- ‘There is just one complaint today by a Russian juggler, who is eating the pile of Russian salad on his plate.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.