Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A title given to a bishop.
- ‘The Church of Ireland was re-dedicated at 4p.m. by the Right Reverend Richard Henderson, Bishop of Tuam, Killala, and Achonry.’
- ‘Christopher Martin-Jenkins traces the Right Reverend's journey from public school to inner city’
- ‘The Right Reverend Cyril Ashton, the Anglican Bishop of Doncaster, was even more self-effacing.’
- ‘The Bishop of Bradford, the Right Reverend, David James, said it was a great weekend for Bradford.’
- ‘The book is signed by the author, and features the inscription: ‘The Right Reverend The Lord Bishop of Ripon from Bram Stoker, 31 July 1897’.’
- ‘The current occupant of that See is the Right Reverend David Stancliffe.’
- ‘The meeting, to be chaired by the Bishop of Hull, the Right Reverend Richard Frith, will take place at 6.30 pm on Thursday November 11.’
- ‘The Bishop of Bradford, the Right Reverend David James, plans to visit in February with the bishop of South West Virginia in the USA.’
- ‘The Right Reverend Humphrey Vincent Taylor will retire from his post as Suffragan Bishop of Selby in March next year.’
- ‘Father David, as he wants to be known, will continue to wear his bishop's ring and cross and will still be a Lord and Right Reverend, and will still be recognised as a bishop for some purposes.’
- ‘He also praises the Bishop of Bradford, the Right Reverend David James.’
- ‘The school will be blessed by Right Reverend Mons.’
- ‘I now see that he's now the Right Reverend Michael Perham, Bishop of Gloucester.’
- ‘The couple were married by Right Reverend Peter Barrett, Bishop of Cashel and Ossory.’
- ‘The Right Reverend David Lacy is Moderator of the General Assembly of the Church of Scotland’
- ‘The institution of The Reverend Kathryn Southerton as Incumbent by Bishop Richard and the Right Reverend Dr. R.C.A. Henderson took place at Rathbarron Church in the Parish of Killoran on Friday, August 13 th.’
- ‘The death occurred on Saturday October 29th of Right Reverend Monsignor Francis Vincent Lynn, Mullenmore Road, Crossmolina.’
- ‘He will be commended to the Diocese by the Bishop of Birmingham, the Right Reverend John Sentamu.’
- ‘Other guests will include the Bishop of Bradford the Right Reverend David James, and Keighley MP Ann Cryer.’
- ‘The hour-long service will be led by the Bishop of Bristol, the Right Reverend Michael Hill, at the Abbey.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.