Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
1A variety of wine grape grown and developed especially in Germany and Austria.
- ‘The evidence of xylem dysfunction comes primarily from microscopic examination and dye uptake studies with a number of grape varieties, namely; Muscat Gordo Blanco, Riesling, Pinot noir, and Merlot.’
- ‘But Neal also uses Chardonnay, Riesling, Viognier, and Sangiovese, making verjus is similar to making wine, except juice is not fermented.’
- ‘Chardonnay is the main grape variety, with Riesling, Sauvignon Blanc, and Pinot Noir a long way behind.’
- ‘Rippon is a small vineyard of predominantly Riesling and Pinot Noir, and is certified organic.’
- ‘Increasing plantings here have made it our fourth most planted white after Sauvignon Blanc, Chardonnay and Riesling.’
- 1.1A dry white wine made from the Riesling grape.
- ‘If you thought the best wines for Asian food were Rieslings and Gewürztraminers, think again.’
- ‘Dry River would easily be in the top three NZ producers of Gewürztraminer, Pinot Gris, Riesling, Chardonnay and Pinot Noir.’
- ‘This applies to no more than a handful of wine styles: claret, red and white Burgundy, Rhône reds, Tuscan and Piedmontese reds, vintage port, vintage champagne, a few Spanish reds, Mosel Rieslings and Californian Cabernets.’
- ‘I'm a big fan of the new wave of sweeter Rieslings - where the true nature of the grape is revealed as a luscious, fruity wine with honey, lime and apricot flavours, plus good cellaring potential.’
- ‘In general, red and white wines keep for two to three days, although Rieslings, Sauvignon Blancs, some Chiantis, and Cabernet Sauvignons hold up to a week.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.