One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(in Canada) a member of a political group who, while maintaining some conservative principles, supports many liberal and socialist policies.
- ‘Whether you're NDP, Liberal, Green, a Red Tory, or an unaligned blogger with a progressive vision of Canada, you're welcome to join this group.’
- ‘The term ‘place’ as defended by both Red Tories and environmentalists has some limitations I want to clarify by distinguishing the term ‘place’ from ‘locality.’’
- ‘Historically, Red Tories have stood strongest for Canadian sovereignty.’
- ‘On social issues, too, there is no enormous divide between right-leaning Liberals and Red Tories.’
- ‘On the contrary, said Clark, the new party is dominated by former Canadian Alliance hard-liners, while most Red Tories from the former Progressive Conservatives have been relegated to the sidelines.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.