Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
An award for an achievement in American journalism, literature, or music. There are thirteen made each year.
- ‘Each year, a Pulitzer Prize is awarded to the best journalistic photograph or series of photographs.’
- ‘Her awards include the Ruth Lilly Poetry Prize and the Pulitzer Prize.’
- ‘The opera played to packed houses and rave reviews in New York and won a Pulitzer Prize for its composer.’
- ‘In a highly competitive field such as newspaper journalism, where a Pulitzer Prize may be one story away, pride can also get in the way of reason.’
- ‘She was also awarded the Bollingen Prize, the National Book Award, and the Pulitzer Prize for her Collected Poems.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.