An independence movement in Western (formerly Spanish) Sahara, formed in 1973.
- ‘Perhaps the most interesting section analyses the Saharawi independence movement, Polisario.’
- ‘The barriers were highly effective, leaving the Polisario few avenues of escape.’
- ‘They face about 15,000 lightly-armed guerrillas of the Polisario Front.’
- ‘Mauritania allied itself with Morocco against the Polisario.’
- ‘Polisario is the liberation movement fighting for their independence.’
Spanish acronym, from Frente Popular para la Liberación de Saguia el-Hamra y Río de Oro Popular Front for the Liberation of Saguia el-Hamra and Rio de Oro.