Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
An independence movement in Western (formerly Spanish) Sahara, formed in 1973.
- ‘Perhaps the most interesting section analyses the Saharawi independence movement, Polisario.’
- ‘The barriers were highly effective, leaving the Polisario few avenues of escape.’
- ‘They face about 15,000 lightly-armed guerrillas of the Polisario Front.’
- ‘Mauritania allied itself with Morocco against the Polisario.’
- ‘Polisario is the liberation movement fighting for their independence.’
Spanish acronym, from Frente Popular para la Liberación de Saguia el-Hamra y Río de Oro Popular Front for the Liberation of Saguia el-Hamra and Rio de Oro.
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.