One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
One of five regular solids (a tetrahedron, cube, octahedron, dodecahedron, or icosahedron).
- ‘If each face is an equilateral triangle, the result is a regular tetrahedron, one of the five Platonic solids.’
- ‘His geometrical inclinations led him to propose that these particles had regular, mathematical shapes: the polyhedra called regular Platonic solids.’
- ‘The fifth Platonic solid, the dodecahedron, is Plato's model for the whole universe.’
- ‘The final book studies the five Platonic solids as well as the semi-regular Archimedean solids.’
- ‘Kepler connected the planetary orbits with the five regular polyhedra, or Platonic solids.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.