Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Alter (a photographic image) digitally using Photoshop image-editing software.‘the pictures have obviously been Photoshopped’
- ‘I'm pretty certain that this picture is photoshopped - the hands look a bit funny.’
- ‘Lauren points out that this isn't a photoshopped image, it's an actual product: notice the NASCAR motif on the box.’
- ‘To be fair, this picture may or may not be photoshopped.’
- ‘OxBlog's own original research showed that Amy photoshopped the names on to the pictures.’
- ‘I've attached a photoshopped image of my dress concept.’
- ‘The pictures are genuine and NOT photoshopped.’
- ‘They're the ones who released the photoshopped images that showed only the backgrounds of the photos in hopes that people could identify where they were taken (it worked).’
- ‘Then suppose that within 12 hours it was established definitively that the pictures had been photoshopped.’
- ‘This original image of a congressman touting freedom fries was photoshopped to convey something I hadn't heard before.’
- ‘But I did put in some efforts to photoshop it, so although I failed miserably, I shall still post it up.’
- ‘This picture was photoshopped by the guys at Nine and that is actually Mrs Mangle's mouth pasted on my hero's face.’
- ‘Interweb hipsters used this as a jumping-off point and photoshopped a series of images depicting the search for the lost Hopkin Green Frog, and the results are incredibly funny and even a little touching.’
- ‘I promised the pictures that Robb photoshopped.’
- ‘Propose a daft scheme where I photoshop him into a camera-phone shot with her.’
- ‘You can buy the ceramic flowers, but the artist (Simone Van Bakel) admits the implantation is only a concept, and the images are photoshopped.’
- ‘Would you rather I post up photos and do not admit that I photoshop them?’
- ‘If I weren't so suspicious of photoshopped images, I'd probably be a little more excited here.’
- ‘So we were talking because I had promised to photoshop some pictures I took at a party in July.’
- ‘Garth encouraged me to photoshop them so he was a disembodied head to ‘make it more interesting’.’
1990s: from Photoshop, the proprietary name of a software package for the digital editing of photographic images.
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.