Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A small order of mammals that comprises the pangolins.
- ‘Unfortunately, information on the condition of feeding apparatus muscles in ant-eating taxa outside the Xenarthra and Pholidota is incomplete.’
- ‘Let's turn to what is known about the anatomy of the feeding apparatus in Xenarthra and Pholidota.’
- ‘Some features of mammals that eat mostly ants and termites are used as examples of convergence; the most speciose assemblages of these mammals are in the orders Xenarthra and Pholidota.’
- ‘Attempts to resolve the relationships of Xenarthra and Pholidota to other eutherian mammals have not yet been exhausted.’
- ‘An interesting input provided by our data resides in the reliable support obtained for the sister-group relationship of Pholidota and Carnivora.’
Modern Latin (plural), from Greek pholidōtos scaly from pholis, pholid- scale.
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.