One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An effervescent natural mineral water sold as a drink.
- ‘‘Oh, I don't drink Coke,’ he says, sipping on a Perrier.’
- ‘He says, ‘I had one customer ask to have a Perrier poured into a glass so nobody could see the bottle, but that's it.’’
- ‘‘I really wanted to avoid prototypical genres with this film,’ he says, sipping on a Perrier at the Café.’
- ‘My first customer ordered a Perrier and then asked what kind of wine I had.’
- ‘No, I'll just have a Perrier with a twist.’
From the name of a spring at Vergèze, France, from which this water comes.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.