Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A high-level general-purpose programming language used especially for developing Web applications.
- ‘Hundreds of different templating systems exist, including several dozen written in Perl.’
- ‘Programmers already competent in Perl and C will get the most from this book.’
- ‘The code is relatively simple yet will look odd to even the most experienced Perl programmers.’
- ‘Overall, this book covers graphics programming in Perl in a logically ordered and balanced manner.’
- ‘Fortunately, many popular style files already have been translated into Perl.’
1980s: respelling of pearl, arbitrarily chosen for its positive connotations.
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.