Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A high-level general-purpose programming language used especially for developing Web applications.
- ‘Fortunately, many popular style files already have been translated into Perl.’
- ‘The code is relatively simple yet will look odd to even the most experienced Perl programmers.’
- ‘Hundreds of different templating systems exist, including several dozen written in Perl.’
- ‘Programmers already competent in Perl and C will get the most from this book.’
- ‘Overall, this book covers graphics programming in Perl in a logically ordered and balanced manner.’
1980s: respelling of pearl, arbitrarily chosen for its positive connotations.
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.