One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1A system of memory training originally devised by the Pelman Institute for the Scientific Development of Mind, Memory, and Personality in London in the 1920s.
- ‘Pelmanism can train your mental faculties and help you to have a stronger memory.’
- ‘There were lots of self-educating books, home encyclopedias, home university courses, Pelmanism manuals, self-improvement tracts - volumes that were all in the grand, glass-fronted bookcase.’
- ‘I practised yoga and took postal courses in self-improvement and hypnotism, which I think was called Pelmanism.’
- ‘To thousands Pelmanism has been the means of greater success in life.’
- 1.1 A game based on memorizing cards or other objects placed before the players.
- ‘Pelmanism is the classic game of memory and concentration.’
- ‘Pelmanism is a term for the children's game of ‘Pairs’.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.