One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The argument that it is in one's own best interest to behave as if God exists, since the possibility of eternal punishment in hell outweighs any advantage in believing otherwise.
- ‘He was also asked what he thought of Pascal's wager.’
- ‘Does Pascal's wager look more attractive to you?’
- ‘At least two questionable steps of logic underlie Pascal's wager.’
- ‘We are faced with a kind of Pascal's wager: assume the worst and it will surely arrive: commit oneself to the struggle for freedom and justice, and it's cause may be advanced.’
- ‘So you're laying down a 21 st-century variation of Pascal's wager?’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.