One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
usually as modifier A system for matching colors, used in specifying printing inks.‘Pantone colors’
- ‘Max planned to paint the cars, perhaps in a fine swathe of perfectly matched Pantone colours, but he never got round to it.’
- ‘What appear to be arbitrary choices of hue and composition are in fact rather literal enlargements of the Pantone color swatches that determine a given product's chromatic identity.’
- ‘He has created numerous designs for Pantone color markers.’
- ‘Born from the color of architectural blueprints, it's a complex hue not easily matched with a Pantone number.’
- ‘Rather than using a Pantone selection, he mixes his own dyes from different forms of pure colour and has, both by accident and design, developed a colour library over time.’
1960s: an invented name.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.