One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A brand of handheld computer.
- ‘Could I actually put multiple windows on something the size of a Palm Pilot?’
- ‘She had a new-looking model of a Palm Pilot out and was casually occupied with tapping at something on the backlighted display with an aluminum stylus.’
- ‘You have a Palm Pilot and use it to store recipes.’
- ‘We found a Palm Pilot and we uploaded a map onto it.’
- ‘You were looking for something like a Palm Pilot?’
- ‘‘These times are set by the starter who uses a Palm Pilot, that communicates with the units via infrared,’ Grundenberg said.’
- ‘If, like myself, you have previously used a Palm Pilot and always wanted some special software, you will be better off with this.’
- ‘Five years ago I bought a Palm Pilot and discovered that I didn't have enough appointments to make it worthwhile - so I wound up not using it all that much.’
- ‘When holding a Palm Pilot, the viewer would receive, via an infrared beam, an on-screen digital animation that responded to touch with a comic commentary on the object at hand.’
- ‘Middle-class kids today need a Palm Pilot to keep track of all of their violin lessons, skating competitions, church classes, and soccer meets.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.