Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- ‘military veterans suffering from PTSD’short for post-traumatic stress disorder
- ‘We know that PTSD is something which needs careful diagnosis and detailed consideration of individual cases.’
- ‘Her symptoms as described suggested a diagnosis of chronic PTSD.’
- ‘PTSD manifests itself as flashbacks of the original trauma, sleep disturbances, nightmares, hyper-vigilance and many more traits.’
- ‘Of the children who both witnessed violence and lost contact with a caregiver, 100 percent suffered from some form of PTSD.’
- ‘The symptoms he described were characteristic of PTSD according to both ICD - 10 and DSM-IV psychiatric classification symptoms.’
- ‘I think she has suffered from PTSD.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.