Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A printed circuit board, especially one built to the PCMCIA standard.
- ‘The machine has two USB ports and a PC card modem but no 1394 port or built-in phone modem.’
- ‘The notebook ships with a PC card slot and optional external floppy.’
- ‘Four access points and four PC cards officially conform to the new wireless networking standard.’
- ‘Many try to account for this by ensuring that their laptop has potential upgrade options, such as room for an expandable PC card or a USB port.’
- ‘This design flexibility makes integration in notebook computers, handheld devices and PC cards easier than ever before.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.