Used to express disgust or contempt.‘“Pah! They know nothing.”’
- ‘Modern horror, pah - give me a proper Victorian ghost story anytime.’
- ‘I know they have to park somewhere I just wish it was somewhere else - pah humbug!’
- ‘Most of those executive types - pah, they're jerks, it's like they think they're entitled to do whatever they want.’
- ‘They couldn't sing or dance that well, they weren't too pretty, and above all they were a manufactured band - pah!’
- ‘No longer can that notion be dismissed with a contemptuous pah.’
- ‘And, pah, half the time Cmxs simply don't work anyway.’
- ‘I've heard talk that a second female has shown up and is causing some trouble with the established pair - pah!’
- ‘And we diligently ensure that harmless old Biggs remains locked up… justice pah!’
- ‘Crazy what people will do to advertise their site, pah!’
Natural utterance: first recorded in English in the late 16th century.
Polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbon, any of a group of chemicals formed during the incomplete burning of organic substances.