One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A transgenic mouse carrying an activated human cancer gene, used in laboratory experiments.
- ‘Thirteen years later, the OncoMouse is a prime example of the hazards of mixing science and commerce.’
- ‘For 17 years, Harvard's OncoMouse has run the maze of Canada's patenting process’
- ‘The European Patent Office (EPO) has approved a restricted patent on the Harvard OncoMouse, dealing a setback to activists who fought for 9 years to bar EU patents on living organisms.’
- ‘These early OncoMouses have produced a wealth of new knowledge and become topics of intellectual property.’
- ‘Many transgenic OncoMouses are presently sold to the university labs or medical centers for breast cancer researches.’
From onco- + mouse.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.