One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The French language up to c.1400.
- ‘The word turns up in Old French as salade and then in late 14th-century English as salad or sallet.’
- ‘42 Scholars believe that three copies of the manuscript in Old French may exist, but only one is accessible.’
- ‘So determined was Joan to solve the mystery she taught herself Old French and obtained microfilm of the same Guiot manuscript Professor Kibler used for the Penguin Classic.’
- ‘The word entered the English language in the late 14th century from Old French magique.’
- ‘‘Demontrance’ means in Old French the act of showing as well as the object being shown.’
Old French/ˌōld ˈfrenCH/
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.