1A Greek epic poem traditionally ascribed to Homer, describing the travels of Odysseus during his ten years of wandering after the fall of Troy. He eventually returned home to Ithaca and killed the suitors who had plagued his wife Penelope during his absence.
- 1.1A long and eventful or adventurous journey or experience.‘his odyssey from military man to politician’
journey, voyage, trek, travels, quest, crusade, pilgrimage, wandering, journeyingperegrinationView synonyms
- ‘You don't, in fact, have to do much to present a story in Odyssean terms.’
- ‘The book has been criticized for being outlandish but its appeal lies in its strong narrative voice and its Odyssean story line.’
- ‘Anderson cuts back the distracting noises and crumbling static to reveal a stark paean about Odyssean fortitude.’
- ‘This talented photographer made an Odyssean journey from his home in California to photograph Britain's stables out of personal interest.’
- ‘Pound's eye is always on resourceful intelligences, embodiments of the Odyssean archetype.’
- 1.1A long and eventful or adventurous journey or experience.