Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A national organization founded in 1871 that promotes the legal use of guns and gun safety in the US and defends a US citizen's constitutional right to own and bear arms.
- ‘And some observers note that the name conjures images of a National Rifle Association splinter group.’
- ‘The U.S. Chamber of Commerce, the National Federation of Independent Business, the National Rifle Association and National Right to Life also helped.’
- ‘He is a strict, near-religious vegan, whose goal is to create ‘a National Rifle Association of the animal rights movement.'‘’
- ‘He was president of the National Rifle Association of America, 1883-1884.’
- ‘He was endorsed by the National Rifle Association.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.