Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Not safe (or suitable) for work (used to indicate that a particular web page or website contains explicit sexual material or other adult content)‘if your friend just sent you something with NSFW in the subject line, don't go there’
- ‘I sit at my PC overlooking the garden, wearing NSFW clothing.’
- ‘It goes without saying, but its sooooo not safe for work (NSFW), unless your work place is ultra cool.’
- ‘I have failed to come up with an excuse for this link (nsfw).’
- ‘I never know whether to consider pictures like these nudity or not so I'll just throw in a 'nsfw' and let you decide for yourself.’
- ‘Click on the (NSFW) photo to see why I think so.’
- ‘In practice this means excellent photography (some of which is nsfw).’
- ‘See the incredibly NSFW video here.’
- ‘Best to go easy on the champagne at the office party (possibly nsfw banner ads).’
- ‘NSFW, but only because most offices don't like you crying with laughter.’
- ‘Another nsfw offering but appropriate for a Monday morning in the office if you turn down your speakers.’
- ‘AP's site is a whole lot of cheeky NSFW fun.’
- ‘A lot of that paragraph is, as you might expect, nsfw.’
- ‘Remember, some pics obviously NSFW.’
- ‘The song suggests some frustration with public transport (nsfw due to lyrical content).’
- ‘It is redundant, and everything on this site should be assumed NSFW.’
- ‘That second one is possibly nsfw but what are you thinking looking at French pop videos at work in the first place?’
- ‘Take this German anarchist tv spot, for example (nsfw).’
- ‘I presume this is NSFW, but really, everything about this is wrong.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.