One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Natural killer cell.
- ‘In 1972, I discovered what is now called the NK cell.’
- ‘Some nonclassical MHC molecules function as a ligand to a natural killer cell receptor (NK receptor) and send a signal to prevent the cell lysis by the NK cell.’
- ‘Predilection for extranodal sites and absence of the Epstein-Barr virus associated with mature NK cell malignancies further distinguish this entity.’
- ‘When the receptor bound to CD19 on leukemic cells, it set off a reaction that super-charged the killing activity of the NK cell.’
- ‘The mushrooms also prevented a significant depression in lymphocyte and NK cell activity.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.