One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A large tropical American tree-nesting duck, having glossy greenish-black plumage in the wild but bred in a variety of colors as a domestic bird.
- ‘In the elegant Alexander Girard-designed room, choose from a wine list of several hundred vintages and entrées like black pepper Muscovy duck steak, which reflects the region's Spanish influences.’
- ‘Three things that I didn't know earlier about Muscovy ducks: They are strong fliers, they like to perch on houses, gates, trees, fences and barn roofs, and they are really quite tame.’
- ‘Imprint was right to point out that Millie was a Muscovy duck - a native of South America.’
- ‘Its primary ingredient is heart and liver cells from Muscovy ducks.’
- ‘One or two Muscovy ducks will keep your garden free of snails and are not noisy as some breeds of ducks can be.’
- ‘The bland blue-fin-tuna carpaccio seemed to have been previously frozen, and my salad of thinly sliced Muscovy duck tasted properly gamy but dry as shoe leather.’
- ‘Here I observed a number of domestic ducks, including a Muscovy duck, a mallard hybrid, and the Pekin duck, along with a greylag goose.’
- ‘Rack of lamb and five-spiced Muscovy duck are both beautifully prepared, just as the John Dory with tomato and the sea bass with fennel are both tender as a child's first yawning, but the results are too placid.’
- ‘The menu here is diverse and includes albacore ceviche, crispy pizza with chorizo sausage, and Muscovy duck confit with white beans.’
- ‘The Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission said Muscovy ducks are not considered wildlife and are not protected birds.’
- ‘Since the good rain, snails have bred up, take action now to get a Muscovy ducks, or remove the snails by hand or use snail bait, particularly on seedlings.’
- ‘If you're angling toward red meat, order the sweetly gamy Muscovy duck, or the lamb, which is encased in a pepper crust.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.