Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- short for Mohorovičić discontinuity
- ‘We suggest that primitive magmas ascending from the mantle are normally trapped in magma chamber complexes situated at or near the Moho.’
- ‘Upon migration, it is evident that they are truncated by subhorizontal reflectivity at c.43 km depth, such that they do not continue across the Moho.’
- ‘If magmas are extracted from the magma chamber complexes around the Moho, subsequent magmas will not be trapped, and primitive magmas will be able to rise directly to the surface.’
- ‘These uplift-subsidence cycles may have been caused by episodic plume-related magmatic injection near the Moho and associated fluctuations in dynamic support.’
- ‘The lower crust beneath the Dzhabyk batholith is only weakly reflective and the Moho is not imaged.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.