Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A pre-Inca culture that flourished on the northern coast of Peru in the 1st to 7th centuries AD.
- ‘Inca rule started with the conquest of the Moche culture in Peru.’
- ‘The 1,500-year-old mummy may shed new light on the mysterious Moche culture, which occupied Peru's northern coastal valleys from about A.D.100 to 800.’
- ‘The revelation of gruesome forms of torture is puzzling in part because the Moche developed a vibrant and highly advanced culture.’
- ‘He frequently consults with the National Geographic Society on a wide variety of topics, including the Moche, the Inca, and Francisco Pizarro.’
- ‘Housing artifacts of the Moche people, the museum is designed like one of their pyramids.’
From the name of the Moche valley in northern Peru, where remains of the culture were discovered.
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.