Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A Russian fighter aircraft made by the MiG company.‘a MiG-15’
- ‘The UEAF Jackal fighters somewhat resembled Russian MiGs in that their wings angled forward instead of back.’
- ‘They are replete with the squadron posters and plaques of all the NATO fighter squadrons that have engaged the MiGs in air combat training since 1994.’
- ‘The MiG - 29 is the most modern of the Russian MiGs.’
- ‘The initial batch of Chinese MiGs was delivered to Unlimited Aircraft Ltd. at Chino Airport in 1986.’
- ‘We kept two in Korea and although bounced by MiGs many times, we never lost one to the fighters.’
1940s: from the initial letters of the surnames of A. I. M ikoyan and M. I. G urevich (Soviet aircraft designers), linked by Russian i and.
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.