Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A federal system of health insurance for people over 65 years of age and for certain younger people with disabilities.
- ‘First, Medicare wants to keep health care costs for its beneficiaries under control.’
- ‘Experts say that an alternative to Medicare is a private health insurance plan.’
- ‘Kogan observes that the fastest growing federal programs are Medicare and Medicaid.’
- ‘How did Medicare, the federal health insurance program for the elderly, respond?’
- ‘This regulation is considered the most staggering health care law since Medicare.’
1960s: from medical + care.
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.