Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A particular set of complex numbers that has a highly convoluted fractal boundary when plotted.
- ‘Another example can be seen in fractal patterns like the Mandelbrot set - marvelous pictures that have layer upon layer upon layer of complexity.’
- ‘I didn't come across complex numbers again until I saw the Mandelbrot set for the first time.’
- ‘For this reason I have done without anecdotes, cartoons, exclamation marks, jokey chapter titles, or pictures of the Mandelbrot set.’
- ‘The exterior of the Mandelbrot set consists of points for which certain iterations diverge.’
- ‘The Mandelbrot set is a connected set of points in the complex plane.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.