One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A tubular excretory organ, numbers of which open into the gut in insects and some other arthropods.
- ‘Excretion of nitrogenous waste takes place through Malpighian tubules.’
- ‘The drawing shows a typical alimentary canal and the Malpighian tubules of a leafhopper.’
- ‘Expression has also been monitored in peripheral tissues such as the Malpighian tubules.’
- ‘The excretory system is composed of a dorsal excretory gland and a pair of Malpighian tubules.’
- ‘This process has now been implicated in the function of Malpighian tubules, rectum and midgut of a variety of insects.’
- ‘In contrast, the gut, the Malpighian tubules, and the fat bodies (not shown) were nearly normal in size and shape.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.