One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A type of catadioptric telescope having a deeply curved meniscus lens. A secondary mirror on the back of the lens brings the light to a focus just behind a hole in the primary mirror.
- ‘The Maksutov telescope is similar to the Schmidt design, but uses a more spherical corrector lens.’
- ‘Back then they were simply known as Russian Maksutov telescopes, there were no manufacturer's names on them.’
- ‘We were producing a line of Maksutov telescopes ranging from 6’ to 10’ diameter and continue to work on special optics for professional observatories.’
- ‘This image of Mars is the size it appears through a 6mm orthoscopic eyepiece on the 7’ Maksutov telescope.’
- ‘Before the ETX, Maksutov telescopes were elevated to an almost mythic status.’
Mid 20th century: named after Dmitri D. Maksutov (1896–1964), Soviet astronomer.
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.