Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Master of Music.
- ‘It is also possible for students to study a language for credit on the MMus programme.’
- ‘The main areas of activity within the MMus are closely related to those described below for the MPhil and PhD in Composition.’
- ‘Students who do not meet these criteria will be directed to the two-year MMus in Advanced Performance.’
- ‘It is compulsory for MMus students, but all members of the Conservatoire community are also welcome.’
- ‘Students opting for the MMus in Historical Musicology are required to take the core module in this subject area.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.