One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Youth baseball or softball under the auspices of an organization founded in 1939, for children up to age 12.
- ‘When Jackie was of Little League age there was no Little League.’
- ‘The games of Little League baseball and softball are played on six continents in more than 100 countries by millions of children.’
- ‘David had returned to school and played Little League baseball in the spring.’
- ‘He showed up at the swim meets, soccer matches, Little League baseball games, school plays and recitals.’
- ‘From Little League all the way to Cooperstown, there's a fraternity convened by the adrenaline rush of throwing a baseball.’
- ‘He was a California outfielder that had been hyped since Little League and had Major League pedigree to boot.’
- ‘A friend was telling me about his son's Little League game a while back, and how his team was forced to forfeit because a rule of some sort was broken.’
- ‘I was wondering what active major league players played in a Little League World Series game?’
- ‘And millions of families enjoy the experience of youth soccer, rivaling Little League baseball.’
- ‘Despite my being pretty bad at baseball, my Little League teams won championships all six years I played.’
- ‘If you play Little League baseball, that's a lot of pressure when you're that age.’
- ‘We had never been Cub Scouts; Little League baseball and other organized sports filled most of our spare time.’
- ‘He was 12, playing Little League ball in upstate New York for the Twins.’
- ‘Because we didn't have a full team until I started playing Little League ball.’
- ‘It's no different than Little League baseball in this country.’
- ‘A couple of us Little League coaches got into a discussion about how to score a catchable fly ball that drops untouched in the outfield.’
- ‘The average 1960s kid played Little League and maybe Pop Warner football.’
- ‘If you played shortstop in Little League, you probably can remember when the coach brought you in to pitch to nail down a win.’
- ‘Forty years ago, our Little League team from Cambelltown, Pennsylvania won the local championship.’
- ‘Everywhere you find them, the casinos support hospitals, Little League baseball teams, high school band trips.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.