One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Youth baseball or softball under the auspices of an organization founded in 1939, for children up to age 12.
- ‘The average 1960s kid played Little League and maybe Pop Warner football.’
- ‘When Jackie was of Little League age there was no Little League.’
- ‘I was wondering what active major league players played in a Little League World Series game?’
- ‘A couple of us Little League coaches got into a discussion about how to score a catchable fly ball that drops untouched in the outfield.’
- ‘It's no different than Little League baseball in this country.’
- ‘If you played shortstop in Little League, you probably can remember when the coach brought you in to pitch to nail down a win.’
- ‘From Little League all the way to Cooperstown, there's a fraternity convened by the adrenaline rush of throwing a baseball.’
- ‘He showed up at the swim meets, soccer matches, Little League baseball games, school plays and recitals.’
- ‘Despite my being pretty bad at baseball, my Little League teams won championships all six years I played.’
- ‘We had never been Cub Scouts; Little League baseball and other organized sports filled most of our spare time.’
- ‘A friend was telling me about his son's Little League game a while back, and how his team was forced to forfeit because a rule of some sort was broken.’
- ‘If you play Little League baseball, that's a lot of pressure when you're that age.’
- ‘David had returned to school and played Little League baseball in the spring.’
- ‘Everywhere you find them, the casinos support hospitals, Little League baseball teams, high school band trips.’
- ‘And millions of families enjoy the experience of youth soccer, rivaling Little League baseball.’
- ‘He was a California outfielder that had been hyped since Little League and had Major League pedigree to boot.’
- ‘He was 12, playing Little League ball in upstate New York for the Twins.’
- ‘Because we didn't have a full team until I started playing Little League ball.’
- ‘Forty years ago, our Little League team from Cambelltown, Pennsylvania won the local championship.’
- ‘The games of Little League baseball and softball are played on six continents in more than 100 countries by millions of children.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.