A person who opposes an international role or policy for Britain.
- ‘But you don't have to be a Little Englander to be concerned about the commission poking their noses into a tax regime which is, after all, in its fourth decade of operation.’
- ‘There's a peculiarly English thing about French-bashing, but there's also a Little Englander thing in general about how the film industry actually works.’
- ‘He is now too parochial to be a Little Englander.’
- ‘If you don't like chicken tikka masala, does that make you a Little Englander?’
- ‘I'd hate to regard myself as a Little Englander, but occasionally I share that same mentality.’