Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A brand of denim jeans.
- ‘She had long brown hair with blonde highlights and was wearing dark blue Levi's and a red tank top.’
- ‘Using Jacob's rivet innovation the first pair of Levi's were produced in 1873.’
- ‘She dressed in Levi's, flannel shirt over the omnipresent tank top, and ancient cowboy boots.’
- ‘For example, it may be more important to a prospective employer that you look good in a pair of Levi's and a tank top than the ability to change a barrel.’
- ‘The men arrived in groups of three and five, dressed in Levi's and clean shirts.’
1920s: named after Levi Strauss, original US manufacturer in the 1860s.
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.