One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A US military decoration, ranking below the Silver Star and above the Distinguished Flying Cross, awarded for exceptional performance of services to the US.
- ‘Powell received two Purple Hearts, a Bronze Star, a Soldier's Medal and the Legion of Merit.’
- ‘Gordon was awarded the Legion of Merit for his leadership there.’
- ‘The Americans awarded him the Legion of Merit, Degree of Commander.’
- ‘His decorations included the U.S. Legion of Merit, as well as several British and French awards for gallantry.’
- ‘Along the way, he earned the Legion of Merit, the Distinguished Flying Cross and 16 Air Medals.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.