One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The use of Latin style or words of Latin origin.
- ‘The bishop was compelled by pontifical authority to desist from this wicked labor, and Latinity did not recover until the Renaissance.’
- ‘This suggests, among other things, that the global dominance of modern English does not somehow repeat an early-modern global Latinity.’
- ‘Both learning Latin and using its extension into a vernacular are often associated with prestigious systems of education, such as Latinity in the public schools of England.’
- ‘Saints were by definition postclassical, hagiography postclassical and barbarous, often characterized by ‘poor’ (by classical standards) Latinity and crude miracles.’
- ‘Scholarly reactions to the Latinity of the Whitby text are symptomatic of this state of affairs.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.