One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1A member of a North American people of the Rocky Mountains in British Columbia, Idaho, and Montana.
- ‘The Kutenai were located on Kootenay River and Lake and extended into the United States, occupying the northern parts of Montana and Idaho.’
- ‘The mythology and folklore of the Kutenai consist chiefly of cosmic and ethnic myths, animal tales, etc.’
- ‘These favorable conditions lured, in Binnema's words, ‘migrants from every direction’ including the Black Feet, Gros Ventre, and Kutenai.’
2The language of the Kutenai, of unknown affinity.
- ‘Obviation is found in some American Indian languages including Algonquian (such as Blackfoot, Cree, and Fox), Apachean (such as Navajo), Eskimo, Keresan, and Kutenai.’
Relating to the Kutenai or their language.
- ‘Once the Kutenai men caught the fish, the children helped carry the fish from the canoes to the women who would clean and smoke or dry the fish.’
- ‘The creative instinct of the Kutenai women found expression chiefly in cedar-root basketry.’
- ‘The Kutenai tribe can be found in Washington, Idaho, Montana, and as far north as British Columbia, and Alberta.’
From Blackfoot Kotonáai-.
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.