Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A small yellowish lime with a sharp flavor.
- ‘This is a very famous recipe from Florida, where a certain special variety of limes called Key limes are used.’
- ‘Enrobed in fine chocolate are fillings infused with Tahitian vanilla bean, Key limes, lavender buds, Australian candied ginger, and more.’
- ‘My future sis-in-law gave me a huge bag of Key limes over the weekend.’
- ‘Supermarkets sell mostly Persian limes, which lack the unique and potent aroma of genuine Key limes.’
- ‘If you can't find Key limes in your local grocery store, Key lime juice is readily available on the Internet.’
- ‘How is it that you always made pies for the cousins, even if they visited when Key limes were out of season?’
- ‘I prefer Key limes to Persian limes, but in the Greater Washington area they are often hard to find.’
- ‘If you have no access to Key limes for some of these recipes, try substituting half lime juice and half lemon juice for the required amount of Key lime juice.’
- ‘The peak season for Key limes is June through August, so you can find this special fruit in your market now and use this delicious and easy pie recipe.’
- ‘Any Key lime pie you've had that's green is either not from real Key limes, or it's been colored with green food coloring.’
- ‘Outside Florida, Key limes can be hard to come by, except in specialty produce markets when the fruit is in season, from May through August.’
- ‘It's the color produced by mixing the juice of Key limes with egg yolks, sweetened condensed milk and grated lime peel, then frothing and cooling the whole concoction.’
Named after the Florida Keys.
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.