Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
adjective & noun
- ‘Among the other Kartvelian languages Laz is spoken in Turkey.’
- ‘The Kartvelian languages are considered to be closely related and descended from a common language.’
- ‘In the southern and eastern regions, the state of Kartli united tribes that spoke the Kartvelian language.’
- ‘The paper deals with the sociolinguistic attributes of the dialects of the Kartvelian languages, their functions and status inside and outside Georgia.’
- ‘It coordinates research and assists foreign students and scholars interested in various Kartvelian fields.’
From Georgian k'art'velebi ‘Georgians’ + -ian.
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.