One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1Relating to or denoting the second period of the Mesozoic era, between the Triassic and Cretaceous periods.
- ‘These crucial means of breeding prevailed throughout the Jurassic and Cretaceous times.’
- ‘The thickness of the Jurassic and Cretaceous cover sediments is relatively thin and the Variscan was the last major erogenic event to have affected the region.’
- ‘Striated fault planes exposed in Mesozoic limestones and Triassic / Jurassic volcanic rocks delineate the surface trace of the fault.’
- ‘Of the three Triassic and Jurassic fossiliferous formations, no angular fragments were found from the shell beds.’
- ‘Until recently, sauropod body fossils and ichnofossils were known only from Jurassic and Cretaceous sediments.’
- 1.1as noun the Jurassic The Jurassic period or the system of rocks deposited during it.
Mid 19th century: from French jurassique; named after the Jura Mountains (see Jura).
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.