A dessert apple of a variety with greenish-gold skin and crisp flesh.
- ‘Red Delicious apples comprise 40% of the 3-million cartons grown here, followed by Fujis, Golden Delicious and Jonagold.’
- ‘Irish eating apples are in full season now with popular varieties including Jonagold, Elstar and Jonagored.’
- ‘At the shop, I bought six superb steaks from Sussex cattle which had been born and nurtured on site, and a Jonagold apple from the orchard on the hill.’
- ‘In cold storage, some apples (notably Jonagold and Bramley) will stay perfect for up to a year.’
- ‘The Jonagold is a modern, contrived cross between Jonathan and Golden Delicious parents.’
- ‘She did these tests on more than 138,000 pounds of Gala, Jonagold, Braeburn, Granny Smith, Fuji, and Golden and Red Delicious apples.’
- ‘McIntosh apples are found on most of the course, but the Empires along the third and Jonagolds beside the eighth are even tastier, one player told us as he stuffed what seemed like a bushel into his golf bag.’
1960s: blend of Jonathan and Golden Delicious.