One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1A king of Judah in the mid 9th century BC.
- 1.1also jumping Jehoshaphatas exclamation A mild expletive.‘Jehoshaphat! That would be ghastly’
- ‘Yes, as a youngster I heard a few strange exclamations too from an elderly aunt, ones like ‘jumping Jehoshaphat’ and ‘karumba’ or something to that effect.’
- ‘The closest Mom comes to swearing is saying "shoot," "darn," "Jiminey," or "Jumping Jehoshaphat."’
- ‘Yeah, but its an old British saying/exclamation of surprise that the Third Doctor would use, usually "Jumping Jehoshaphat" would be the version used.’
- 1.1also jumping Jehoshaphatas exclamation A mild expletive.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.