One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1A member of the mystical knightly order in the Star Wars films, trained to guard peace and justice in the Universe.
- ‘If Darth Maul can kill the Jedi he'll easily be able to kill any palace guards remaining.’
- ‘The Jedi are stretched to the limit trying to keep peace and order in the galaxy.’
- ‘The Jedi are primarily mystical, though they can, of course, deploy their knowledge of Right to achieve intellectual understanding.’
- ‘They were all but exterminated by the Jedi a thousand years ago, but the evil order continued in secrecy.’
- ‘I don't know if I buy the whole notion of Jedi as peaceful warriors only striking out in defence.’
- 1.1 Anyone with special privileges or supernormal powers reminiscent of a Jedi.‘these guys hang out in places mere mortal lobbyists who were not Jedi warriors cannot go’
- ‘With the exception of battling other Jedi, you'll be slicing your way through this game in no time.’
- ‘Within five minutes all twenty-four of us Jedi were standing in the Council room waiting instructions.’
- ‘Through your decisions, you may become either a light-side or dark-side Jedi.’
- ‘Tyrannous led all us Jedi into the hall while Sidious looked for Mace and me.’
- ‘True Jedi know that all power comes ultimately from within, and so it is within ourselves that we must look if we are to prevail.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.