A native or inhabitant of Iceland, or a person of Icelandic descent.‘the ship was owned by an Icelander’
- ‘There is a long tradition of oral histories going back to the days of the sagas, so that even the most modern Icelander tends to remember these stories.’
- ‘Many Icelanders consider this striking waterfall to be a symbol of Icelandic Christianity.’
- ‘It's a side of the Icelander's game never previously seen, his first red card in almost 270 career matches.’
- ‘The Arctic tern is another special bird to Icelanders, who see its arrival as a sign that the long, dark winter is over.’
- ‘Instead of burning coal in a boiler to create steam, Icelanders use steam directly from the earth.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.