One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- as modifier ‘a digital media transport system that runs over standard IP networks’short for Internet Protocol
- ‘TOEs, or TCP offload engines, are chip-level hardware solutions that address the problem of interpreting the TCP/IP stack in software.’
- ‘On the other hand, Ethernet and IP are scalable, universal technologies.’
- ‘Each computer on the network is known by a unique set of numbers, its IP address.’
- ‘Now Unicom's IP network has the capacity to support up to 10 billion minutes annually.’
- ‘So even though IP telephony is a potentially disruptive technology for the marketplace, it doesn't act disruptively in people's lives.’
- ‘we are respectful of the rights and IP of other developers’short for intellectual property
- ‘Sometimes I'm willing to defend the companies that assert their IP rights but this one is a little extreme.’
- ‘His company remains the sole owners to the IP rights for the game and the brand.’
- ‘You have a studio that wants to produce a game with IP they do not own.’
- ‘He wants to take them to court to make an example out of them for future IP infringers.’
- ‘Creators receiving grants retain all of their IP and associated rights.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.