Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A bed consisting of a mattress on a box spring supported on short legs, often with an upholstered headboard.
- ‘They sleep on sofa beds and futons, Murphy beds and Hollywood beds.’
- ‘Conversion of Hollywood beds to double, queen, or king size beds is made more easy.’
- ‘It features exposed beams with two twin Hollywood beds both with European down feather mattress, triple 600 count sheets and white down comforters and pillows.’
- ‘A '50s postcard touted the showers, hot-water heat and Hollywood beds.’
- ‘My fine motor skills must not have been that great yet because most of the perfume ended up on one of the two Hollywood beds in the room I shared with my sister.’
- ‘On sofa beds, studio couches, Hollywood beds, or hi-risers, carefully tuck the sheets and blankets in so that they do not get caught in the mechanism when the unit is folded in; or, so that they will make a nice appearance when the coverlet is placed in position.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.