A high tasseled leather boot, originally worn by Hessian troops.
- ‘He was dressed in a gray great-coat with a cape, white cravat, leather pantaloons, Hessian boots, and a large cocked hat à la Russe.’
- ‘He stopped walking when the toes of his Hessian boots were a few inches from the toes of her slippers.’
- ‘The previously popular Hessian boot, worn with breeches, was styled with a curvy turned-down top and heavy metallic braid - totally unsuitable for wearing under trousers.’
- ‘All she could hear was the crunching of the snow beneath his polished Hessian boots.’
- ‘Wellington boots are based on the design of Hessian boots which were in use during the 18th century.’